Sunday, October 4

Skincare Routine



I am not an expert when it comes to skincare products and regime. My far-from-perfect and flawed skin does not even qualify me to advise people on how to take care of their skin to begin with. However, I do recognize my skin type and what kind of products that work best on me (or at least things that prevent my skin from breaking out). So I thought it might be cool if I share my skincare routine in today's post! Who knows my skincare routine could also be beneficial for other people as well (especially if you have the same skin type like mine).

I have a very sensitive and oily skin. No matter how hot or cold the weather gets, my face would eventually become shiny and dewy (unhealthy kind of dewy, lol). 

                           Water

1. I am well aware that it's the cheesiest thing to do by telling people to drink water but water IS important for your skin. I have to drink at least 1 litre of water per day or else my skin (especially forehead) would start to breakout like crazy. Whenever it happens, I would normally increase my water intake and next thing I know they're gone. 

         Oil-based Makeup Remover

2. When it comes to makeup remover, I personally prefer oil-based products than water-based ones. I don't know if it's just me but I highly believe that oil has a better consistency on dragging all of my makeup and dirt away. Eventhough I have an oily skin, that doesn't stop me from using oil-based products. I have been using this Biore Oil Makeup Remover (which can also work as a cleanser) for as long as I could remember and I intend to keep it that way! 


                   Facial Cleanser

3. I am a huge believer of double-cleansing, so I would normally continue cleansing my face after removing my makeup. I have been using this Biotherm Pure.Fect Skin cleanser religiously as it complements my skin. I think its aqua-based element works best on me.

                           Toner

4. After I cleanse my face, I would apply this toner using a cotton pad. I love this Deep Clean Neutrogena toner as it gives cool and tingling feels which is so refreshing (especially during early mornings)!

                   Mosturizer (Day)

5. This Nature Republic Aqua Super Aqua Max mosturizer has served me right. Its light texture adapts with my oily skin so well and I also love its non-overpowering soft floral scent.

                    Mosturizer (Night)

6. My night skin care routine is really simple whereby I merely apply this lotus face treatment oil by Clarins at one go and then I'm all ready for bed. I personally like its heavy texture that gives a deep mosturizing to my skin at night (especially to fight against the drying AC environment in my room). I also notice that this product helps in brightening my skin which is a plus *insert happy emoji

                        Face Scrub

7. We all know that face scrubs are very important as they scrub away all of your dead skins and thus, it will be easier for your skin to absorb the nutrients from your mosturizer. I also love on how smooth my skin feels like everytime I scrub my face and I normally do it twice a week. Product wise, this Himalaya Apricot Scrub is my ultimate favourite!

                  Natural Aqua Gel

8. Here is an alternative for face scrubs called Natural Aqua Gel. If I'm not using the Himalaya face scrub, I would use this instead. So far I've been liking its super nice gel consistency and I will definitely purchase it again once I'm out of it. 

                      Bedak Sejuk

9. Believe it or not, I use this product almost every single night before bed (before applying Clarins). At first, it was a bit hard to make it as a habit but I got used to it eventually. It's just like any other normal mask that you see at any beauty store except that it is waaaaay cheaper (very affordable), so classic and works wonders! 

                   Acne Treatment

10. These two are my main go-to acne treatmet cream products hands down. Whenever pimples start to show up (especially during that one time of the month, TMI btw), these two babies are my life saver. I normally apply the Dalacin-T on my pimple spots during the day ;Stieva-A at night.


                         Sunblock

11. I am a 'devotee' of sunblocks and I will never leave my house without using it. I guess the partial reason is because I have been trained by my mum to never miss this step since I was young. I believe that sunblocks do not only protect your skin from getting unhealthily dull and dark, but they also help getting rid of any wrinkle formation in the future. In terms of product, I would usually opt for aqua-based (duhh) sunblocks with an SPF of not less than 50, such as this Biore UV Aqua Rich Sunblock!  


Till next time xx















0 comments: